Types of Walkers
Many walkers exist on the market, but physiotherapists are well placed to help select the correct walker based on the differing needs of users.
Four Wheeled Walker
- Wheel size: large wheels for outdoors, small wheels for indoors.
- Push down brakes or grip on brakes.
- Ability to be folded.
- Made of lightweight material such as carbon fiber or aluminum, which makes. traveling with the frame easier.
- Trays, seats and baskets may be attached.
- Make sure walker is completely opened and that the hinges are locked
- Keep close to the frame at all times, near the back wheels
- For downhill ramp use, gently squeeze on brakes at all times
- Ensure that the brakes are locked before sitting on the seat of frame, with frame on level ground, preferably with wall or fence behind.
Two Wheeled Walkers
- Two front legs have wheels, no wheels on the two rear legs
- Made of aluminum
- Usually fold flat for transport and storage
- No brakes
- Underarm Crutch
- Walking Stick
- Medical Walker
- Shower Chair
- Bath Stool
Maintenance of Folding Walker
Brakes – checked regularly to ensure they are working correctly.
Wheels – checked regularly and when the user reports tracking issues, e.g. frame pulling to one side. Wheels should also be checked as sometimes hard and repeated braking can distort the shape of the wheel making it lose its roundness.
Ferrules – checked regularly and replaced if worn. Wear may occur more quickly if the walker is used outdoors.
Height of the frame – checked periodically to ensure it is the optimal height for the user’s posture. This is especially important if the user is undergoing rehabilitation and changes in their balance, strength and posture are expected or observed on assessment.
Why choose Arrow Health Rental & Sales for a walker on rent
Arrow Health Rental & Sales is one of the greatest and most comprehensive online platforms for all medical services. We promise to offer you the best prices and services for any of your walker needs. Just enter your details and we will contact you in an instant to help you with any service you need.
To find out if your place is in our delivery area, call us today+91 98406 81351.
We’ll be happy to assist you.
Wheelchair for Rent | Medical Supply Rental | Commode and Power Wheelchair | Folding Walker for rent | Hospital Bed for rent